CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Drinking out of Straws

Tonight, we all went to the mall. My sister Carrie Beth's kids are here and so we all needed a little outing. My mom and I also needed to get the rest of Eliza's birthday presents for tomorrow. After we went to the Gap we were so thirsty so we went and got some water. Eliza wanted to put the straw in her mouth but I knew she wouldn't get anything out of it; she just likes to chew on it. I turned to my mom and said, "Oh man! She's going to be hard to get off of a bottle." As we were walking back to our car I heard my mom say, "LAURA!" I turned around and there was my cute little Eliza drinking water out of the straw! I know! Maybe not a big deal to other people, but I was so excited! This means that she won't be walking around with a bottle in her mouth when she's 5. Either that or WE would be feeding her when she's 5. She won't even hold her own stinking bottle. She's ONE people!! That may sound exaggerated, but my child is THE MOST stubborn baby I have ever even heard of. It doesn't help that she came from 2 of the most stubborn people alive. HOORAY Eliza!! I didn't have my camera, so I had to take a picture on my neice Amanda's phone. The quality of cell phone cameras aren't that great.

5 comments:

Megan said...

So cute!! See... she'll do things when shes ready. And what the? Amanda has a cell phone?? How old is that girl?!

Mollie said...

So cute! Can't wait for her birthday party tomorrow!

Karly said...

Oh my gosh so cute. And yay for Eliza! Drinking out of a straw is a very big accomplishment!

Kacy & Adam said...

She is so cute!! I can't believe she is one and I have yet to see her...you guys are so cute together :) Happy Birthday Eliza!!!

ryan + carly said...

happy birthday, eliza!!!
big girl! it was such a wonderful day when jude finally was drinking from a straw. i'm excited for her birthday party! see you in an hour or so....