CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, April 19, 2008

This and That...



Well, I decided to do a miscellaneous blog this afternoon. I was looking through my camera and I have some pictures that I haven't posted. The picture above however is of Eliza this morning at the park. She LOVED the swing! I don't know why but I have never put her in the swing at the park. I have to say, it was a little selfish of me because really, the only reason I did it (ok! not the only reason) was to get a cute picture. It looks like I succeeded! She's so sweet!

A few weeks ago, my friend Kary and I put together Eliza's crib and dresser. I was convinced I could put the dresser together ALL BY MYSELF, so I didn't allow anyone to help me. I did it! Well, with a little bit of help from Eliza. Kary got the crib put together perfectly, but I have to say, I was pretty proud of myself. I'm still getting her room together. We got the rocking chair yesterday. I'm so excited! I think Eliza is too ;). When I get all the knick knacks up I will post a picture of the finished product. But here are some pictures of the furniture-putting-together process:





Here are a couple of other pictures of Eliza. This is the reason why I titled this blog "This and That." There are a few things that have no rhyme or reason.



This passed week I have been studying for finals and writing papers. One of my papers was to be 5-7 pages long for my English class. My plan was to do it on the Nature vs. Nurture Theory, but on the day before it was due I decided to change it. I wasn't finding enough, so I made things way difficult and changed my topic completly. So, on Wednesday I went to the library at 10am and stayed until 9pm (with a couple of classes in between). My paper was entitled "Divorce Ends a Marriage, Not Parenthood." I am very pleased with the outcome, hopefully my professor will feel the same way. This picture is the only way I can describe how I feel at this point:


I can't wait till finals are over! Hope all is well with everyone!

LOVE TO ALL!
LAURA & ELIZA

2 comments:

Davenport Family said...

Fun post! I am with you on the weight loss! Kimmie has decided she no longer wants to breast feed so no I have no excuse for eating for two anymore:( I have been going to the gym but I still have the pregnancy belly hanging. I will do the challenge with you guys, but I probably won't post it on my blog. I will let you know how it goes. I only want to lose 10 pounds for now, more after that:) Good luck & keep me posted on how it's going. By the way, Eliza gets cuter every day! And your paper sounds like it would be good.

Happy Family said...

Changing your mind that close to a deadline takes guts but I think you chose a great topic. I admire you for being such a great parent. Look at you girl-putting together furniture on your own. Most of us would be whining to our husbands to get it done but you proved to all of us that when no husband is around we women can accomplish more than we think.