CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, July 19, 2008

MOVIE REVIEWS: The Dark Night & Mamma Mia

I saw 2 movies this weekend. I know! Its been crazy, yet enjoyable. It keeps my mind off how I haven't eaten. Anyways...lets begin with the review. Last night (Friday), I went with some of my friends to see Batman: The Dark Night. I was a little bit worried to see it because so many people said it was so dark and kind of violent. I don't like having my eyes shut most of the movie, so I was a little bit concerned. I had also heard Oscar buzz about the late Heath Ledger's performance as The Joker. That made me very curious. Let me tell you guys, it was AWESOME! I have to admit, it was a little bit dark and quite violent, but it the movie was well made. Christian Bale just makes my heart happy though. I think I would watch anything he was in. Heath Ledger was so good! I knew he was a good actor, in fact one of my favorite movies is A Knight's Tale. He was pretty yummy in that movie. Anyways, Heath Ledger did so great, he deserves an Oscar whether he has passed away or not. His character was pretty scary and unpredictable yet somewhat charming. Does that make sense? I tend to be attracted to "bad boys," I need to work on that. All that being said, I would totally recommend this movie to anyone. Well, maybe not for young kids. I want to go see it again!

Today I saw Mamma Mia with my mom and dad and Eliza. Eliza LOVED it! She watched it, danced and absolutly cracked up. It was so funny! I was in tears laughing so hard at her. I thought it was an OK movie. The music was fun! I'm not a huge fan of ABBA, but if I didn't think about the fact that it was their music, I enjoyed it. The story was weird and I kind of felt like they could've maybe found better singers than Meryl Streep and Pierce Bronson. Yeah, they're great actors...legends, but not singers. It was awkward to watch them try and sing. So, I don't know whether I recommend it or not. I haven't seen the Broadway play so I have nothing to compare it to, so maybe I should go see that. If you do go see it, tell me if you think Pierce Bronson reminded you of the Cowardly Lion in The Wizard of Oz when he sings. HAHA! Go see it for yourselves though, that's just my opinion. And, its almost not fair because I saw Batman last night. It's hard to compare the two.
So, there are my reviews of those two movies. I had a fun time seeing both. Good company, good times! Let me know how you all felt about these movies if and when you see them. Take care everyone! Have a good rest of your weekend!

2 comments:

Alli said...

Oh you know I loved Dark Knight and I'm so excited to see Mamma Mia tomorrow. Now I just need to see it on Broadway!

Davenport Family said...

I loved Dark Night too! We saw it a week before it came out at a private showing (one of the many perks of your sister-in-law being General Manager of a movie theater). It was a little dark for me at some points but overall really good! Glad you liked it!