CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, July 13, 2008

Time Out


Eliza received her first time out. I know! She’s only ONE, but she was seriously out of control. She would scream and scream if the kids were playing with her toys or getting too close to her. The shrieking was going to the center of my brain so I had to do something. I’m pretty sure that she didn’t learn anything from it, but you know, at least I got a break. I’m sure any of you mothers reading this can relate.

2 comments:

Morgan said...

Hey, I am all for time-outs at one! I think kids need to know early that a) some behaviors are just plain not okay, and b) what YOU say goes and they don't always get their way, because hey, let's face it, that's life! And I don't think it's unreasonable to ask a one-year-old to hold still for one minute and be quiet (though many disagree with me on, well, all these points. Doesn't make me change my mind though!).

Sara LaClaire said...

our boys have to sit and fold their arms when they're on time out. landyn (who became accustomed to timeouts at an early age) has no problem when he's told to sit down and fold his arms. miles however was spoiled rotten and didn't get a time out till he was old enough to realize it was something new & throws a little fit. he sticks his tongue out, punches the air, scrunches his nose, lets out a little "ahh!" tells me he's "sixteen years old!" (for real. i think we've seen the little mermaid one too many times at our house.)